Key practice areas:
General Corporate, Banking & Finance, Competition Law, Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Dispute Resolution, Projects & Project Finance, Capital Markets, Tax, Intellectual Property Rights and Venture Capital.
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co, founded on a century of legal achievements, is among India’s leading full-service law firms. Our mission is to enable business by providing solutions as trusted advisors through excellence, responsiveness, innovation, and collaboration.
With over 600 lawyers including 122 Partners spread across offices in seven locations in India, we are one of India’s biggest and most well-reputed law firms. Our lawyers create bespoke and comprehensive solutions for our multi-jurisdictional clients.
We are at the helm of major headline transactions in all segments of industry and business. We represent major transnational corporates on their India entry and business strategy and are known globally for our exceptional merger & acquisition, tax, competition law, dispute resolution & arbitration, regulatory litigation, capital markets and private equity practices.
Our office locations: New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Kolkata.
Awards & Recognitions:
• Ranked #1 in deal count and #1 in deal value in the annual Mergermarket India League Tables 2018
• Highest number of Band 1 practices, Band 1 lawyers and Ranked lawyers in Chambers & Partners 2018
• Awarded ‘Country Firm of the Year, India’ for 2017-2019 by Who’s Who Legal
• Awarded ‘India Law Firm of the Year’ at the Asian Legal Business (ALB) India Law Awards 2019
• Awarded ‘Law Firm of the Year, 2019’ by India Business Law Journal
• Recognised as the ‘Most Innovative National Law Firm of the Year’ at the annual IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2019
• Recognised as one of the ‘Best Overall Law Firms’ by India Business Law Journal, 2010-19
• Ranked #2 amongst India’s Top 40 Law Firms by RSG India, 2017
• Awarded 'National Law Firm of the Year 2017, India’ by Chambers and Partners
Areas of Practice:
General corporate: Our work in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions, JVs, Private Equity and Business Restructuring is highly regarded. Our Competition Law, Intellectual Property and Regulatory teams work very closely with the corporate teams for facilitating deal closures. Our Insurance Practice is robust and well recognised.
Banking & finance: Our offerings range from traditional banking documentation to securitisation, factoring, setting up payment banks, syndicated loans, structured finance, acquisition finance and mortgage backed securities, guarantee structures, equipment financing, non-convertible debentures, external commercial borrowings and working capital loans.
Insolvency & bankruptcy: We have a highly skilled and diversified Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice. Our experience covers an entire range of scenarios relating to Bankruptcy and Insolvency, starting from early signs of distress to corporates and restructuring towards revival to processes involving liquidation and winding down of businesses. We provide a comprehensive solution in terms of financial restructuring and recovery, insolvency, corporate reorganization and restructuring, creditors’ rights, and contingent preparedness against any peripheral litigation.
Competition law: With a strong and recognised competition practice in India, the 21-member strong competition team has a proven track record of successfully steering clients through their largest transactions, complex investigations and high-stakes litigation.
Dispute resolution: We are a go-to firm for domestic & international arbitrations, commercial & corporate and regulatory disputes in various courts, tribunals, forums, administrative authorities & regulators in India.