Farris LLP is a leading Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna and Victoria, British Columbia. The full-service firm represents some of the largest public and private institutions and corporations in the province, and has the proven capacity and experience to carry out complex and multi-dimensional legal projects.
Corporate and Commercial Farris’ lawyers work with companies of all sizes, from startups to international organizations, and advise on the following areas: cross-border transactions; equity and debt financings; general corporate matters; incentive and stock compensation plans; joint ventures; mergers and acquisitions; partnerships; private equity investments; project financing; public and private partnerships; regulatory approvals; reorganizations; and syndicated credit facility transactions.
Litigation Farris’ litigators appear regularly in all British Columbia Courts, the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada in areas regarding: alternative dispute resolution; bankruptcy and insolvency; class actions; commercial transactions; defamation and other tort law; product liability; and trial and appellate advocacy.
Employment Acting for public and private sector clients, the firm’s labor and employment lawyers advise on all labor relations and human resources issues, including: collective agreements; collective bargaining; corporate downsizing; essential services; managing unions and strikes; and workplace policies (harassment and computer/Internet use).
Tax Implementing innovative and value-added tax approaches tailored to clients’ needs, the Farris tax team represents a broad range of domestic, international, public and private clients, and works closely with the Farris corporate and securities teams to provide integrated, tax-efficient solutions.
1. Twenty-six Farris partners ranked in the 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
2. Seven Farris partners listed in Lexpert Guides to the Leading Energy Lawyers
3. Thirteen Farris partners in thirteen years listed as Lexpert “Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40”
4. Forty-five Farris partners recognized as leaders within their practice areas in the 2020 Best Lawyers in Canada Directory
5. Chambers Canada ranks ten Farris partners in seven different practice areas
6. Farris shortlisted for ‘Regional Law Firm of the Year’ by Chambers Canada in 2018
7. Fourteen Farris partners ranked by Benchmark Litigation as Litigation stars
8. Benchmark Litigation Canada ranks Farris as “Highly Recommended”
9. Benchmark Litigation recognizes two Farris partners on 40 & Under Hot List
Languages English, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Russian and Spanish.