Lex Mundi ASEAN Intellectual Property Guide:
Overview of Regulatory Framework for Patent and Trademark Protection in the ASEAN countries
Prepared by Lex Mundi member firms in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries.
Certain procedural peculiarities and varying levels of protection for intellectual property rights exist in each of the ASEAN countries. This guide provides an overview of the regulatory framework for the protection and enforcement of trademarks and patents in the ten ASEAN countries. The guide has been produced in an easy-to-read Q&A format that highlights key aspects of the protection and enforcement of trademarks and patents in each country. It also allows for easy comparison of the law and related procedures in each jurisdiction.
The guide is an insightful reference for lawyers, general counsel, trademark agents, patent agents as well as businesses when dealing with protection of intellectual property rights in the ASEAN region.
The member firms that contributed to the guide include:
- Tilleke & Gibbins, member firm for Thailand with offices in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam
- Ali Budiardjo, Nugroho, Reksodiputro (ABNR), member firm for Indonesia
- Skrine, member firm for Malaysia
- Romulo Mabanta Buenaventura Sayoc & de Los Angeles (Romulo), member firm for the Philippines
- Rajah & Tann member firm for Singapore
Request a copy in English or Chinese here.