Lex Mundi Global Gathering Evidence in Aid of Foreign Litigation Guide
The Lex Mundi Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Practice Group has published an online, interactive global guide pertaining to Gathering Evidence In Aid of Foreign Litigation. The guide summarizes the requirements in over 50 jurisdictions to obtain discovery in aid of foreign litigation proceedings. Questions in the global guide include:
- Does your jurisdiction permit gathering evidence in aid of foreign litigation?
- Is your jurisdiction a party to the Hague Evidence Convention?
- Do requests for gathering evidence require approval by a court or administrative body?
- If your jurisdiction allows depositions, may they be conducted remotely?
- Has your jurisdiction adopted any “blocking statutes” that limit the extent to which residents in your jurisdiction may give evidence in a foreign court’s civil or criminal proceedings?