Uganda’s main exports include coffee, fish and fish products, tea, cotton, flowers, and gold. The recent discovery of oil deposits promises a boost in the economy for the country of 35.6 million. Its main export partners are Kenya, Rwanda, United Arab Emirates, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Netherlands, Germany and Italy.
Lex Mundi in Uganda
Lex Mundi provides coverage in Uganda through Bowmans, Lex Mundi member firm for South Africa and Kenya, with offices in Uganda. Bowmans has fast established itself as leaders in Banking & Finance, Corporate & Commercial Law, Mergers and Acquisition, Infrastructure & Project Finance, and Energy, Oil & Gas law.
Representative Matters Include
- Advising the leading manufacturer of corrugated packaging products in Uganda on a USD 32 million financing deal from Standard Chartered Bank (London)
- Advising Wananchi (Group) Holdings Limited on the Ugandan law aspects of an additional USD 100 million investment from Helios Investment Partners
- Advising Ascent Capital on its USD 15 million private equity investment in the largest fast moving consumer goods company in Uganda
- Advising a consortium of international companies on the bidding process and the project documents for the Kenya-Uganda Refined Petroleum Products Pipeline Extension Project
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank Plc and AB Svensk Exportkredit on the Ugandan law aspects of an umbrella project finance facility to a major telecommunications group, covering five jurisdictions in Africa
- Advising Bharti Airtel in its acquisition of the operations of Warid Telecom in Uganda
- Advising Guaranty Trust Bank Plc in its acquisition of the East African operations of Fina Bank in a total deal size of US$100 million