Brazil's economy is the world's ninth-largest by nominal GDP and seventh-largest by GDP (PPP) as of 2015. As a member of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) group, Brazil had one of the world's fastest growing major economies until 2010. Brazil's economic reforms gave the country new international recognition, influence and has attracted foreign investments.
Lex Mundi in Brazil
Lex Mundi provides coverage in Brazil through its member firm, Demarest Advogados. The firm is a leading full-service business law firm and one of the largest in Latin America. The primary concern of its highly qualified lawyers is to meet clients’ needs with maximum efficiency and to provide legal services with the highest standard of quality.
The firm handles major domestic and cross-border transactions in the most diversified areas of business activities.
- Dow Chemical in a reverse morris trust USD 5 billion deal with Olin
- Ball on a global sale of business units to Ardagh for USD 3.5 billion, in the context of the acquisition of Rexam
- The Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC in four consecutive deals involving shares of Rede D’Or São Luiz, the largest Brazilian hospital chain, for an aggregate amount of BRL 8.3 billion
- Ashland in the segregation of Valvoline into a separated company worth USD 4.6 billion; and earlier in the USD 1.8 billion sale of a business unit to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Vinci in the EUR 1.5 billion acquisition of the Peruvian companies Lamsac and Pex from the Brazilian infrastructure company Invepar
- EFG International in the CHF 1.33 billion acquisition of the Swiss BSI Bank from the Brazilian Banco BTG Pactual